Tag Archives: Wharton

100+ – Batsto Mansion

March 30, 2015 Batsto Village dates back to 1766. It was established to smelt the bog iron ore found in the Batsto river basin. The village supplied iron munitions—cannons and cannon balls—for the Continental Army during the Revolution. The village’s … Continue reading

Posted in Photo of the Week | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment